Blog Post #12

As I went through the training, I played around with the program a bit. It is pretty user friendly. I can see how students could pick this up quickly. I like how not everything isn’t in your face when you first open it up. I like that it has a lot of options that you can reveal to your students as they need it and it isn’t overwhelming when you first open it up and look at it. I think I could use this as part of a PAA survey class or within media studies. I could see students really getting into this, making projects and posting to their own YouTube channel.

For assignment 5, I’m thinking I might make a video on how to change oil. I could directly use that in my classroom for mechanics as well as an example if I was working with students in Shotcut. I just need to find a way to film myself doing the work since I doubt I’ll be able to rope my wife into sticking with me for an entire oil change in the shop!

Comments

  1. Good idea for the subject for your video; it'll be hard for you to get the required shots as you had already noted....you'll need a helper for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exciting to see your final assignment, I have no idea how to do an oil change. I like the connection to mechanics in the classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try setting up a camera on a tripod and then have some film free hand. Can get mulitiple angles and shots this way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts