Blog Post #10

I found Sketchup fairly easy to figure out and use. The Lynda training for this was very helpful, and I referred back to the video quite often, mainly just to try and remember how to do the different functions. It didn’t take me very long to get used to them to where I didn’t really have to go back to the video at all. For some reason my certificate shows that I am at 99 percent finished and won’t let me complete it, so I will probably have to just let the whole series of videos go through so I can post that on my blog.

I didn’t finish my assignment 4 yet, but so far I am finding it interesting and challenging. For me the toughest part so far has been trying to get creative enough so that it doesn’t look like a basic design. I did do some research, as well as when I was designing, I designed it as best as I could that it would actually be legal to pull down the road here in Saskatchewan. I didn’t quite get all the legalities perfect, but they should be close enough that the DOT would (hopefully) leave me alone!

I think besides an actual drafting class, one could use this in a construction class. I can see how it would be cool to get students to design and build their own shed, walls, or something else along those lines. I can’t see it being useful in something like machining when programs such as Autocad would be better. I will be the first to admit that I am very inexperienced when it comes to teaching still, and that could be one reason why I can’t place this program elsewhere. 

Comments

Popular Posts