Assignment #3

This is the raw version.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1s2TFKSEt6yPpCED22O9-tq_eGlpcXsCp

This is the edited version.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15IBslzaldR5JRhn1d9Igwknh73sMWqgj



Write up on what I did.
Facebook conversation between a buddy and myself.
First thing I did was zoomed into the background noise, and reduced it as much as I could. I found this took a few tries, and my original file wasn’t actually that bad to start with. I then went through and deleted some “uh’s” and a swear. I never really listen to myself, and I found it pretty interesting how I talk with a lot of “integrated slang” and found some of that hard to edit out. I then changed the pitch of the first “character”. It took me quite a while to get something that didn’t sound totally crazy. I then did the second character and found the same thing. It was really tricky to get the right sound, the sounds I was going for was a young sounding man, and a deeper voiced man. Then I edited out some additional words, and deleted some extra time to try and make the whole piece flow together a little nicer. I recorded a short intro, saved it as an mp3, then added it into my project and then introduced my piece with the music loud, fading to quieter when the conversation starts, then peaking at the end when the conversation is over. I left the sound in the background during the conversation, because quite frankly it was pretty boring without it! Lastly credited besound.com in a chipmunk type pitch, just for fun. 

I scored myself in the excellent range. I feel I have a good grasp on how to use this program and used a good variety of the tools taught. I felt like the final project was pretty much exactly what I set out to accomplish once I started. It probably took me longer than it should have, but I did try to put a lot of attention in to the details. 

Comments

  1. Right on, it was cool and liked the part at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed you love a playing a background beat. Keep rockin in the free world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts