Blog Post #5

I just finished the certificate for GIMP, and wow, there was a lot of content. I have just started to play around with my own pictures so far, as I’m not really sure yet what I all want to do to them. There were just so many things that can be done to a picture!

I have various pictures of things, and I have more than ten that I like, so I am still working on eliminating a few. I just basically took pictures of things I like, and I didn't realy have editing in mind when I took them. For complications, the main thing I have come across so far, is just remembering how specifically to do each thing I want to do. Since using GIMP is completely brand new to me, there is a lot of googling and checking back in on the video just to refresh my memory from the grueling training!

So far what I have started on is going well though. I am doing all of this work on a computer setup that we have in our basement, and whenever my two year old son, or 5 year old daughter see something they like, my progress on any actual work slows down a fair bit, and we play around making cool effects.

I know this wasn’t a question in this week’s blog either, but I did want to comment that now that I have went through the training and have seen more capabilities, I can see how this could be implemented a little more in what I plan to teach. 

Comments

  1. Although I have not completed the whole tutorial. I agree GIMP definitely can be incorporated into the classroom. I also agree it is a lot of content so far but I think it is worth it since we can use it in our lessons and teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're able to get more than a basic understanding of this software it could be used a lot in an educational setting if you wanted to teach photography/ photo-editing...even a cool art project or web design.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts