Assignment #4



Link to Sketchup file.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Mps-OMajW-Cbx2i4SNChXReha5mnkwzL

Write up.

I started off researching tiny homes, and found that there were many options, many different styles, then decided to just wing it and design it all myself. My design is based that it would be the max height and width for Saskatchewan roads, and I actually ended up going just slightly over. I figured this out when I put the home on to a trailer, and whenever I tried to resize, I could never get it perfect, so I just left it, and hope that the DOT doesn't catch me!

I made a roof of my own design, instead of just a normal peak. As this project went on, I also realized that it was much more difficult then I had originally thought. I'm not sure if I was trying to be too picky, or putting too much thought into the design or what. I did try and think about things accurately, and I did google sizes for various things, and what I didn't google, I used my trusty tape measure and measured things in my house. At the end I felt very confident in using this program, and I had fun doing this project.

Along with the resizing, I did have a few other slight problems figuring out the layers, as well as I had some difficulties in figuring out the styles. I did try to enter my own property as the ground via the geocaching, but I couldn't figure out how to get it really clear. I do blame google maps a little on that! I did try to email for the pro version, and was told that as a student I was not eligible for it, so I had a hard time following along with some of the training video when I went to do the activities on my project, and I am just assuming that my free version setup was set up a little differently.




For my assessment I would put myself in the 80-89 excellent category. I feel like I did an excellent job of touching just about all areas of this program that we were taught. I did mention it before, but I did do a very good job with accuracy (minus a few exceptions), and I did do many things that were pleasing to my eye, such as the trim around the doors and windows, television with The Big Bang Theory playing, the sliding door for the bathroom, custom ladder to the king sized bed in the loft, the water tank up front on the front "deck" area, just to name a few. I decided not to concentrate on the surroundings and wanted the focus to be on all of the work I did in and on the trailer itself, but I did try and have the surrounding as my actual land.For the scenes I felt like I did a very good job at showing the trailer thoroughly.  Overall I feel I did excellent with this program, and even more importantly, I feel like I would be able to teach it with success.

Comments

  1. Big Bang Theory is also one of my favorite shows. I liked the windows you used for this house. Having it on a goose neck means you can transport and store it very easily. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, like the steel trim around doors and windows, also bbq and deck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you put a picture on your TV. How do you get onto to the deck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To get up on the deck is redneck style, climb up the hitch! I couldn't really think of a reasonable way to attach a ladder or stairs where it would actually work. I did think of putting a step on the trailer after, but decided I was maybe thinking too much in to it.

      Delete
  4. Looks amazing. Well done. I like that you put it on a truck, I could not figure out how to do that. Good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Killer job...you can tell it is really your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny you say this Bill, when I showed my wife, she said pretty much the exact same thing.

      Delete
  6. Love the built in back deck feature. I bet you have this rig already in your back 40.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flatbed ford to boot! Well done Sheldon. I love the wood.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts