Blog Post #14


Checklist

Blogs


Blog 1

Blog 2

Blog 3

Blog 4

Blog 5

Blog 6 (Review blogs)

Blog 7

Blog 8 (Review blogs)

Blog 9

Blog 10

Blog 11 (Reading week)

Blog 12

Assignments






Certificates




Videos




This course was different for me than the other technical classes that I’ve taken towards my PAA Education degree. It was within a comfort zone for me because I like working with technology, but it allowed me to try new things and learn about new teaching methods and modes that I hadn’t heard of before. I can see that I will use these programs in my classroom. I also liked learning about how the use of blogs can be a way for students to share their learning. In other classes we have learned about authentic assessment. Having students present their learning in a blog is a great way to use portfolio based assessments.

I gave a lot of time to the learning, projects and online participation in this class. I enjoyed looking through everyone’s blog and providing feedback. I dedicated an insane amount of time to the GIMP training. Well beyond the approximation of ten hours. But I did that to make sure that I was able to demonstrate what I was designing in my mind. In the end, it paid off. I received mark of 90% with I feel reflects my skill and my effort too.

I feel I did an excellent job with completing the assignments on time, I had a very busy week with classes that I drove to Saskatoon twice a week for, and student teaching, and I was able to complete all of the assignments, training, and quizzes on time.
This course also helped me to become more reflective. My lowest grade of 85 was on the first assignment. It was the Text assignment that I understood as a text assignment and I was not to use visuals (my bad). In the end, the lack of visuals really impacted my score. I used that as a learning experience and tried my best to think of overall quality of my projects as well as the individual pieces that were required. As well I did try to follow the specifics of each assignment and how they were to be done, as close as possible from the descriptions. 

Last thing I will add, I actually wish we were able to get together for this class. I think it would have been really fun in person, although with everyone having really busy schedules, I am very glad it was offered online.


So overall I feel like I should receive a 91% 
Five Major Assignments 44/50
Five Chapter Quizzes 19/20
Blog Entries/Peer Sharing 18/20
Online Interaction 10/10


Comments

Popular Posts