My name is Sheldon Neufeld, and I live on a small farm right beside the North Saskatchewan River, in the Nipawin area. I am a “mature” student working towards a Bachelor of Education degree, have been taking part time classes since 2011 or so, and I have about a year to go. The ultimate goal is to win the lottery and sit on the beach with bikini babes and get sunburnt all day, but a more realistic future involves becoming a shop teacher (mechanics or welding hopefully!) in Nipawin, or Melfort. I will hopefully be finished my entire program by next December, and I am hoping to be able to stay at home with my son until the new school year would start.
I am married and have been with my wife since 2004, and we got married in 2009. I have two kids, Shelby who is 5, and Paxton who is 2. My daughter will be attending a French school this year, and while I go to school my son will be going to a daycare. We have a dog named Lily, and have had her since she was 8 weeks old (she is almost 9 now).

I am a car guy, and big into them, and anything to do with them. I have a few cool ones, a 1987 mustang gt convertible which I drive a fair bit, a 1929 ford model A coupe, a 1951 mercury m1 pickup, a 1995 f150 lifted 4x4 pickup, to name a few. Before marriage I used to have a lot more, but the saying “happy wife, happy life” seems to have had something to do with thinning of my herd!
I also love to ride motorcycles, snowmobiles, and atv’s. I am also a huge mixed martial arts fan and I try to watch most of the events. I like heavy equipment, I like to buy junk fix it up, and oddball farm/acreage stuff that most people don’t do (such as tear down and install a 50 foot radio tower without the use of a crane). I dislike politics, and the fact that 1969 dodge chargers are so damn expensive.

As for what I hope to get out of this course, I hope to be able to have a better understanding on how to incorporate technology in a classroom. Since I am not a teacher yet, I have a lot to learn and I see this course as another tool on my tool belt.

I have a basic level of familiarity with technology.



First picture is myself with my 1948 John Deere MC (was passed down in the family, originally my grandfathers)

Second picture is myself on top of the garage after I had shingled it.
Third picture is my two kids doing what they like to do, hang off of me!





Comments

  1. I think it is really inspiring that you are working towards a dream whether it is winning the lottery or becoming a teacher :) A question I have for you is how did you manage to build that radio tower without a tower? Seems like it would have been very difficult. A 1969 Dodge Charger is one of my dream cars but maybe someday that dream will come true. I have a 2008 Dodge Charger which I guess is good enough for now .

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do great as a teacher and if you win the lottery remember your friends. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job with your first post Sheldon! Your cohort here in PA was unaware that the course had started, now that we are blogging you'll have to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you online Bill! I will try to keep up, tough with this fine group though!

      Delete
  5. Nice to see you on the roster Sheldon. So, you decide to keep the black lifted ford. Did you take the Whizzer for a peddle in the town parade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did keep the black ford for right now, I went to the pick a part in Saskatoon and grabbed all the little bits and pieces I needed to finish it. Now I am too busy it seems to have time to sell anything!
      I didn't take the whizzer out yet either. I repaired the fuel drip, got it home, put on some new tires, took the carb apart to clean it, and then it wouldn't run as good as it did in class, I ended up getting busy with other things, then just last week i put it back in to storage for the winter.

      Have to make room for snowmobiles pretty soon!

      Delete
    2. Sheldon, isn't that how it always goes??

      Delete
  6. awesome, great intro Sheldon, looking forward to hearing more as we progress through the course. We have many of the same hobbies although I was also partial to the late 60's over the Fox body mustangs.
    Great Job so far and welcome to the course. Glad to have you here!

    Cheers
    Marc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marc,

      Yeah I noticed you were restoring a bike, I have restored a few over the years, and I actually enjoy them a little more than a vehicle, I think it is because they usually don't take quite as long, or as much space.

      I had a fox when I was in high school, and when I decided to save up for the General Lee, I had to have something fun yet inexpensive to have to burn around in, so that is the story how I ended up with this one!
      One of my other bucket list cars is a 69 fastback. The vehicles before the 70's have such style and class and a fox will never beat that. Unfortunately for myself, they also have the price tag I cannot always match!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts