Blog Post #2

The three models presented to us this week are the Addie Model, Gagne’s 9 Events, Keller’s Arc. The models all differed in their tasks that are suggested for delivering content, information, or understandings to students. While the Addie Model and the Keller model both had less steps, the Gagne Model had 9 specific steps to follow when creating instructional materials.

For me the Gagne model is the most useful. I like how specific each step of design process is. This is likely because I am a pre-service teacher and designing a lesson is new to me. I haven’t even student taught yet, so the idea of having 9 specific steps to design my lesson and materials is relieving. Also, since I have been provided lesson plan templates in my other classes, the Gagne model makes the most sense to me because it directly correlates with the lesson plan template.


When I think about these models, I have no other experience to compare them to other than that of a student. I have taken both online and in person classes and can recall profs who must have considered these 9 events of instruction when planning their lesson delivery and assessment because I can recall what this looks like, and how much more I enjoyed the class. I also was able to follow along and improve when I was assessed and received feedback. Those are the classes where I remember what I learned most. (Unfortunately, I can remember some classes where this was non-existent). For me, I will likely use the Gagne model for now.

Comments

  1. Nice work Sheldon, I agree with you on the Gagne's model being the most useful and easily broken down into steps. You will find as you start your teaching career you will use all of them, some more than others without even noticing your doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Lance. we remember those parts and put them into practice without writing them down.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I am in agreement here too with the other fellas...practice makes perfect. But, make sure to reflect and give yourself an honest self-reflection/assessment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts